Job Openings » 3D Generalist
2D 3D VFX Modeling Sculpting
Our family of talented developers and artists are expanding. People’s backgrounds are of a large variety but we all share a mutual passion for creativity and gaming. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Veloxia team! We are seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate 3D Generalist for our roster.You will work on many aspects of the game from character-design and lighting, or to interactive assets. You can pretty much tackle anything that gets put in front of you. You should enjoy working on a diverse range of content. The ideal candidate enjoys a variety of work in their day to day and is happy to work on putting together an exceptional performance. We hire people that collaborate well with equally passionate developers and share our love for games.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with artists, designers and developers to bring visually compelling characters and props to life.
- Work closely with the Character Artist and manage workflow in collaboration complementing each other.
- Emphasis on presentation art in the UI and outside of the game.
- Create high quality models, textures and author materials.
- Experience assembling assets into a solid composition and lighting.
Where you'll grow
- Ability to make data driven decisions from large chunks of information
- Creating unique experiences and journeys for millions of users
- Processes, pipelines and best practices of art production
- VFX implementation and optimization techniques for mobile devices
- Relevant industry standard applications (i.e. ZBrush, Maya, Blender, Cinema4D etc.)
- University degree preferably in Visual Communication Design, Media and Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Animation or related field
- 2+ years of work experience
- Highly creative problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, thirst for continuous learning and delivering quality work
- Game development experience, specifically creating real time characters or environments, props and items using Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Solid understanding of human/creature anatomy, color theory, lighting and scene development
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines and general workflows
- A passion to tackle any challenge and learn new things
- Demonstrated proficiency with current techniques and PBR workflows
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communications skills, and a legendary team-player attitude
- Capability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Past experience as a 3D artist
- Solid foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, illustration and conceptual design
- Proficiency with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer all a plus
- Basic understanding of rigging, animation, and deformation
- Passion for all things creative, artistic and game!