Job Openings » Character Artist
2D 3D Modeling Concept Art
We are looking for a Character Artist for an unannounced project to bring life to new characters, creatures, outfits, skins and weapons to the world of Veloxia. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory mixed with video game art production methods.
What you’ll be doing
- Create concept art for characters, outfits, creatures, weapons and other assets.
- 3D model characters, outfits, creatures, weapons and other assets.
- Texture characters, outfits, creatures, weapons and other assets.
- Create assets that fit within the games art style.
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists.
- Communicate with Development, Design, and other departments.
Where you’ll grow
- Creating unique experiences and journeys for millions of users
- Processes, pipelines and best practices of art production
- Processes and methods to optimize space usage of mobile art assets
- Relevant industry standard applications (i.e. Adobe Master Suite, Substance Suite, ZBrush, Marmoset Toolbag etc.)
- University degree preferably in Visual Communication Design, Media and Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Animation or related field
- 2+ years of work experience
- Highly creative problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, thirst for continuous learning and delivering quality work
- Experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of characters
- Experience in relevant 3D software for creating and sculpting such as Blender, Maya, Zbrush etc.
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to painting, illustration, design or traditional media
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Experience in basic animation and rigging skills are highly valued.