Job Openings » Visual Development Artist
Visual Development Artist
2D Animation Motion Graphics Compositing Illustration
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled concept artist, illustrator, and leader to join our team in creating epic artwork for Veloxia’s games, key art, marketing material and more. Your goal is to bring to life Veloxia’s unique worlds by creating artwork within the wide range of styles represented across the company.As a Visual Development Artist, you may also help to oversee cinematic content for our illustrated or rendered 2D / 2.5D cinematics. The ideal candidate has both experience creating digital illustration and animation skills. A solid grasp of foundational art skills, color theory, human and creature anatomy, and design theory are essential. The artist must have expert command of Photoshop or an equivalent painting program. The perfect candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about creating exceptional art, takes constructive criticism well, and can hit deadlines.
What you’ll be doing
- Create character concepts, color scripts, color keys, lighting studies, mood paintings and production illustrations for our games, animated and static marketing assets and future projects and developments.
- Create highly polished key-art and illustrations and animations for our games.
- Create promotional artwork for marketing, advertising and to inform and generate excitement for new content and projects.
- Work with artists and art directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the company.
- Work with the art director to organize work and set deadlines and expectations.
- Work with a team of artists to achieve the necessary final image quality.
- Provide feedback throughout the illustration phase to maintain artistic vision and ensure timely deliveries.
Where you'll grow
- Ability to make data driven decisions from large chunks of information
- Creating unique experiences and journeys for millions of users
- Processes, pipelines and best practices of art production
- Processes and methods to optimize space usage of mobile art assets
- VFX implementation and optimization techniques for mobile devices
- Relevant industry standard applications (i.e. Adobe Master Suite, FinalCut etc.)
- University degree preferably in Visual Communication Design, Media and Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Animation or related field
- 2+ years of work experience
- Highly creative problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, thirst for continuous learning and delivering quality work
- Experience creating digital art in a professional environment
- Strong foundational skills including anatomy, color theory, composition, etc.
- Understanding of the distinctive visual style of mobile games, low-poly concepts and a passion for the art style.
- Experience working with directors on unique and cohesive visuals
- Able to understand and to address requests for revisions
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team player with a can-do attitude
- Creative problem solving abilities and a passion for games.